Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Anker Power Bank Review (10,000 mAH model)

This is a review of my Anker 2nd Gen Astro E3 Ultra Compact 10000mAh Power Bank. I got this for Christmas last year from a friend of mine and I have found it immensely useful. I was looking into these portable chargers after my Galaxy S3 was limping on its last leg. My battery was dying throughout the day and I found that it died in inconvenient moments. I was searching for a way to charge it portably (I already have two backup batteries), and saw that power banks were now becoming a popular thing to have. I’ve had good experience with Anker in the past, so I decided on that device and figured that 10,000 mAH would suffice for quite a couple charges, and put it in my Amazon wish list. My friend noted that I liked the powerbank and got it for me for Christmas.

This thing is HUGE
My first thought when I got it was that this thing had some weight to it. I compared it to my S3 at the time, and it was larger than my S3! At first, I questioned whether I would use it, but quickly realized that it would be a fantastic help. The power bank comes with two USB ports to plug your devices in, and it can be charged with a standard Android charger. The pouch it came in is quite good, and I am able to store an extra charging cable in there so that I am never without one.

The device itself is a plain black brick has 4 LED’s on it that dictate how much battery the bank has left. Since this one is 10,000 mAH, each circle is roughly 2,500 mAH of power. When you plug your device into it, you press the center button and the device starts charging whatever is plugged into it. I’ve charged my Bluetooth headphones, my smart watch and my phone using it and have had no problems with any of it. It is worth noting that the charger weighs a good amount, 8.16 ounces, which is about half a pound. It took be a back, so I felt that it was worth noting. It can charge within 6 hours according to Anker if you use a 2 Amp adapter and the provided cable, but I tend to charge this power bank over night so I can’t vouch for that claim.  


The device is overall very solid and I fully recommend it to anyone. It has enough charge where I can go without charging it for a week or so and still have enough. My friends use it more than I do to be honest and they all find it to be a great help. I even bought my mother a smaller version of mine when she went to visit family in India and she said that it was the most useful there since she was out and about taking photos on her phone and it was able to keep her charged until she got home to charge the bank and her phone properly again. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment