Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mighty Text SMS

Around mid April this year I became frustrated with my Samsung Galaxy S III. I had a Samsung Reality, a simple slide phone with an external keyboard, prior to my smartphone. I was used to a physical keyboard and although I am typing part of this post with my Galaxy, I still missed typing on a physical keyboard. My friend also has an iPhone and told me about an app he found that lets him send texts through his laptop. I found the idea insanely cool so I tried to find an Android equivalent for my phone. This application was the result of that search and I couldn't be more pleased.

Upon downloading the application you are prompted to sync your phone number and email to the account. After that you are given a website link to go to for your desktop or laptop. Once there you are given a barcode that can be scanned by your smartphone and then viola, your phone is synced to the application. The application can be opened on your desktop computer or laptop via a Google Chrome Extension or a Firefox extension. The extension essentially redirects you to your personalized Mighty Text website, and its is chock full of great features. The classic view is similar to Facebook's message layout where you have each contacts name in the order you messaged them. When you click on a contact's name, you are shown the conversation and a chat box that also allows emoticons and MMS. Under classic view is power view, and this blew me away at first. It shows the six most recent conversations and it gives you the ability to message any of them within this view. This is super useful for mass texting and keeping with various conversations without having to alternate between contacts. 

Photos/Videos is a mildly recent feature that was introduced to Mighty Text and it syncs the 20 or 30 most recent videos and pictures you have taken via your smartphone. They load up and they give you the option to delete them, save them to your laptop, or share them on social networking websites. This is insanely useful to me since I seldom plug in my phone to my laptop unless I need to add APK files to it. Mighty Text also syncs up all of your Contact into it's custom URL and you can view the phone numbers and emails attached to that contact. This actually saved me once when Gmail didn't sync my contacts to my email and Mighty Text had my contacts since I usually have to click "re sync" for the contacts to disappear. The settings menu gives a few options for the user such as whether they want their photos and video to sync or if they want popup notifications when they receive a message. I leave both of those settings on because I usually keep my phone on vibrate so I don't necessarily hear the text tone all the time. 

Power View. The bottom left has the battery and shows how much power your phone has left. 

Mighty Text SMS overall is a great app and I love using it. It has made my life a thousand times easier and it lets me respond to my friends and family faster than ever. It is a super convenient application and I would recommend it to anyone. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment