Thursday, September 17, 2015

Kinivo BTH 240 Bluetooth Headset

I will admit that I own a couple headphones of various quality. I have earbuds, Plantronics Gamecom 780, Audio Technica ATH-50, and V-Moda M100 headphones, why should I get another? I bought this headset because I wanted something lightweight that I could use as Bluetooth headset to have hands-free conversations. In my dormitory last year, I had awful cellular reception and I had to stand near the window to get even 1 Bar. With a Bluetooth headset, I was able to leave the phone near the window, and continue my work effectively and easily.

The pads are surprisingly really comfortable. 
I considered a couple of the Plantronics headsets that were a single ear, but I found that I would have a bit of discomfort with sticking the earpiece within my ear. I searched for a stereo headset and found these Kinivo BTH 240’s for $25 on Amazon. I figured it would only set me back a small amount, so I took the plunge. The packaging it came in was pretty basic, and the headphones came in a nice pouch along with the headphones and a small charging cable. The cable is the same as every other Android charging cable so I didn’t worry about using it just yet. The headphones themselves are quite small. You wear them behind your ears so they are practically out of sight minus the two speakers that are visible on the ear. I was initially skeptical about the way the headphones would attach themselves to my ears because it looks like they clip onto them. They in fact are really light on your ears and have not hurt me in extended use.

Charging the headphones only took 2 hours and was done through the charging port on the side of the right speaker. I figured it’d be a little tedious to keep the cable in, but it clicked into place pretty promisingly so I was happy with that. Synchronizing the headphones were extremely easy. It was just a matter of holding the center phone icon until it blinked red and blue and then searched for available Bluetooth devices on my HTC One M8 (Also synced well with both my HP Pavilion DV6, Lenovo Y510P and my old Samsung Galaxy S III). There are two audible clicks when the headphones sync, one for Phone Audio and one for Media Audio. After that, the headset passively blinks blue every five or ten seconds. The listener will never see it unless the room is black and the blue lights the room up.

The little flap that covers the charging port
There are five on board buttons on the headset, a plus and minus that represent increasing and decreasing the volume followed by the center phone icon which is slightly raised . If you tap the button, it will play/pause music, and if you hold it for two to three seconds, you’ll call back the last person you called. When receiving a call, you can just press the phone button to answer and end the call when the conversation is over. The bottom two buttons let you switch the track to the next track, or the previous one. The pads on the headphones are exceptionally comfy and they have not tore on me in the 2 years that I've owned these headphones.

Surprisingly enough, I use these headphones the most when I go out. They are extremely light, have a long batter (I only charge mine once a week and I leave it on pretty much all day besides when I sleep. They quality of the headphones is pretty good for the price and my absolute favorite part of this is how light they are. I completely forget they are on sometimes and they do not burden my movement at all, unlike some of my larger over the ear headphones. I love the audio fidelity I receive from my V-Modas and my Audio-Technica’, but for a run, going to class, or just simple headphones overall, these Kinivo BTH 240’s are fantastic and are in a league of their own for just under $25.

0 comments:

Post a Comment